Implementing Risk Management procedures in SMEs to avoid direct or postponed consequences As the undisclosed risks of organisations and enterprises might be considered as threatening as the evils of the box of Pandora, risk management could be the ultimate tool to prevent the risks getting out of the box putting the companies in hazardous situations.
When promoting entrepreneurship we should be aware that entrepreneurship implicates to a very large extend the willingness to accept uncertainties. In fact, entrepreneurship thrives on uncertainty.
In other words: entrepreneurship is about chances and risks. Entrepreneurs tend to regard a risk as an unplanned occurrence with negative consequences. Risks are related to ‘bad luck’. But the identification of possible risks and their consequences, offers us the possibility to exclude them, or at least, to reduce their negative impact. Dealing with risks requires an attitude of ‘being prepared’.
The objectives of the Pandora training program: Our goals are focusing on a change in attitude toward risk assessment as well as to facilitate SMEs in dealing with risk assessment in a responsible and affordable way.
- to increase risk awareness and make risk assessment a common practice within SMEs.
- to assist SMEs in making risk assessment a common practice within their organisation.
- to offer SMEs a simple automated tool that can easily be used by anyone at any level (both the workforce and management)
- in the organisation, without being time consuming and without requiring lots of training.
- to offer SMEs easy to understand and to follow procedures those underline the involvement of all people in the organisation