1ST INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON QUALITY-AWARE DEVOPS
SEPTEMBER 1ST 2015, BERGAMO, ITALY
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 25, 2015
PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 28, 2015
PAPER NOTIFICATION: June 29, 2015
WORKSHOP DATE: September 1, 2015
SCOPE AND TOPICS
DevOps has emerged in recent years as a set of principles and practices for smoothing out the gap between development and operations, thus enabling faster release cycles for complex IT services. Common tools and methods used in DevOps include infrastructure as code, automation through deep modeling of systems, continuous deployment, and continuous integration. As of today, software engineering research has mainly explored these problems from a functional perspective, trying to increase the benefits and generality of these methods for the end users. However, this has left behind the definition of methods and tools for DevOps to assess predict and verify quality dimensions.
The QUDOS workshop focuses on the problem of how to best define and integrate quality assurance methods and tools in DevOps. Quality covers a broadly-defined set of dimensions including performance, reliability, safety, survivability, cost of ownership, among others. To answer this question, the QUDOS workshop wants to bring together experts from academia and industry working in areas such as quality assurance, agile software engineering, and model-based development. The goal is to identify and disseminate novel quality-aware approaches to DevOps.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Foundations of quality assurance in DevOps: Methodologies; Integration with life-cycle management; Automated tool chains, Architecture patterns; etc.
– Quality assurance in the development phase: Software models in early software development phases; Languages, annotations and profiles for quality assurance; Quality analysis and prediction; Optimization-based architecture design; Architectural improvements; Performance antipattern detection; Traceability and versioning; Software regression and testing; Performance change detection; etc.
– Quality assurance during operation: Application performance monitoring; Model-driven performance measurement and benchmarking; Feedbackbased quality assurance; Capacity planning and forecasting; etc.
– Applications of DevOps: Case studies in cloud computing, big data, and smart cyber-physical systems; Standardization and interoperability; Novel application domains.
– All other topics related to quality-aware DevOps
Danilo Ardagna, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Andreas Brunnert, fortiss GmbH, Germany
Giuliano Casale, Imperial College London, UK
André van Hoorn, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Varsha Apte, IIT Bombay, India
Matej Artac, XLAB, Slovenia
Simona Bernardi, Centro Universitario de la Defensa, AGM, Spain
Andre Bondi, Siemens Corporate Research, USA
Francesco D’Andria, ATOS, Spain
Wilhelm Hasselbring, Kiel University, Germany
Samuel Kounev, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Klaus-Dieter Lange, HP, USA
Zhen Ming (Jack) Jiang, York University, Canada
Manoj Nambiar, Tata Consultancy Services, India
Richard Paige, University of York, UK
Dana Petcu, IEAT, Romania
Dorina Petriu, Carleton University, Canada
Meikel Poess, Oracle Corporation, USA
Matteo Rossi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Arnor Solberg, SINTEF, Norway
Catia Trubiani, Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy
Petr Tuma, Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic
Liming Zhu, NICTA, Australia
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers that are not being considered in another forum. We solicit full papers (max 6 pages), short tool papers (max 2 pages) and extended abstracts overviewing a related project (max 1 pages). A special session will be organised to showcase project posters for the extended abstracts.
Papers will be published in the ESEC/FSE 2015 proceedings by ACM and included in the ACM Digital Library.